Friday, November 7, 2014

Still feeling depressed

Yep. I'm still having depressive feels. Last Sunday was particularly bad and I broke down sobbing uncontrollably.

I've had a few "good" days this week ("good" meaning that I wasn't "badly" depressed - maybe just meh, or down). I've been trying to keep everything in perspective and we reiterated that in therapy this week.

Frustrated though.

Every day, even my "good" days, I struggle against my thoughts. Every day I constantly feel like I don't want to exist. That I want to curl in a ball and not exist. Every day I have these feelings and every day I fight these feelings.

Even though I'm stable, I still struggle daily.

This is the part of bipolar most people don't know about. The majority of people think that it's all about full blown mania or full blown depression. It's not. The extremes are, of course, the most notable and obvious. But most people with bipolar disorder don't spend most of their time in the extremes. We spend our time in mild depression or hypomania or mixed. And even when we're stable our moods can change suddenly, for apparently no reason. We may struggle with suicidal ideation even when we aren't in an episode. We may become so used to our extremes that anything other than that feels like apathy, like we have no emotions.

I'm not really sure where this is going. I'm just frustrated I guess. Tired of my underlying feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment