Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Feel Okay?

How strange is it for me to be writing a post when I actually feel good? Well, very strange. I don't know why I even have to explain this.
Anyway. I actually had a good day yesterday. felt good, felt normal, felt more like me. I was at work and working with a student nurse who was quite fun. And who also has an alcoholic mother. We had fun swapping stories of our childhoods and I was surprised of the similarities. Topped off my day by going to my first support group (which was a bit terrifying). It was, I guess, your steretypical support group, or what I would imagine one to be. Everyone introduced themselves and what their mental illnes was (moste were depression and anxiety - only 2 others were bipolar). But it was interesting. I'll go at least a couple more times to see if it's a fit. Dr. C and M are supposed to be organizing a bipolar support group which I think I'll like a little more (since everyone there will be diagosed as bipolar). But we'll see.
And I'm doing alright today. No depressive thoughts or feelings, which is good. I'm a little flat, I guess, but I'm able to smile and genuinely laugh. And I'm not super irritable! That's a huge bonus for me because I've been so cranky and down lately.
So yeah. Feeling better. We'll see how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment