Friday, February 7, 2014

I'm weird.

It's true. I'm weird. And I'm okay with that, really. Actually, it's a source of pride for me, a badge of honor.

Except for this weird. This weird is not what I'm proud of.

Here's what this weird is:

I've been pretty darn stable for a few weeks now. My moods have been more even, less extreme, more predictable. I'm starting to "feel like myself" again, whatever that is. And this is, quite frankly, boring me.

Being stable is boring.

What the fuck? Seriously? Yes. It's boring. There's a part of me that misses the raw emotion of my mood swings. The chaos, the crisis, the constant state of flux. There's a part of me that yearns for it and wants to sabotage my progress to bring this all back. To make me unstable again.

I hate this part of me. I want to crush it and hide it away. I want to cover it in denial and pretend it doesn't exist. But that does me no good. Hiding it and denying it will only make it stronger.

Instead, I'm accepting it. I'm acknowledging it. I'm talking about it and writing about it in hopes to understand it. Because I actually don't want to get sick again.

Today has been a pretty low day for me (in comparison to how I've been feeling the last few weeks). That weird, horrible part of me should be embracing this. Feeding it with lies to worsen the depression. And you know what I've found? I'm not letting that happen. I'm fighting it because I hate feeling like this. I don't want to be depressed again and so I'm fighting with everything I've got. And that leaves me exhausted, confused and feeling a little lost. I'm so used to spiraling that when I don't, I don't know what to do with myself. That weird part feels lost and empty.

It's very disconcerting to feel this way. To know that you truly want to be well, and that you deserve to be well, but feel empty and hollow when you do.

Hubby says it will take time for me to get used to feeling stable and I'm sure he's right. I've been in a constant state of crisis for over 2 years and it's all that I know anymore. I don't remember how I felt before all of this - I can't even fathom it.

Hopefully that emptiness will subside and I can truly just . . . be.

No comments:

Post a Comment