Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday

The past 2 weeks have been a virtual roller coaster of emotion. I truly WAS in a mixed state, as quantified by my psychiatrist last night. Depression and irritable hypomania all mixed into one. A constant up and down battle between the withdrawn sadness and hopelessness and the irritable anger with racing thoughts and lack of concentration. It's been terribly taxing on me.
I did, however, have a very good session with my therapist this week. Followed by a good meeting with my psychiatrist. We've upped my Lithium, as I'm not at a therapeutic level yet. He also decided to add Abilify to help counter the depression and the mixed episodes (Abilify is an atypical anti-psychotic). We'll see how that works.
I have nothing profound or deep to say today. I feel very strange at the moment. Like, literally as I type this. Very antsy, nervous, like I'm not getting enough air. Almost like the starting of a panic attack, and I can't seem to focus. I'm wondering if it's the Abilify. I'll have to research that.

No comments:

Post a Comment