Sunday, May 19, 2013

Good weekend and mood slipage

I'm thinking this post will be relatively short. I don't much feel like writing.

Friday was my and J's 10th wedding anniversary! Yay! We celebrated by heading up to Breckenridge for the weekend. Walked the shops, ate out, had a couples massage . . . very nice. The highlight, of course, was horseback riding. We went to Platte Valley Double B Ranch - throwing that name out there because they are AMAZING!!! Absolutely LOVED it!! OMG. Not your typical horseback riding place. It's 8000 acres of privately owned ranch land. The owner and 2 wranglers took J and I out just, kinda, wherever. And it's not nose to tail riding. No. You fan out. You trot, canter, gallop. And you have no idea how freeing it was for me. How wonderful and relaxing and invigorating and so many other adjectives!

And when we got back to the stable after the ride I took the bridle off Cotton (my horse) and brushed her and fed her treats and chatted with the owner. She offered anytime I wanted to come up and just hang out, groom the horses, whatever, I was more than welcome to. And I'll take her up on that offer.

What's annoying now, is that my mood is moving south, and I don't know why. I'm getting very irritable and I feel like crying. For seemingly no reason. Hooray.


No comments:

Post a Comment