Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

It's been awhile since I've written, mainly because I've been so tired the last 3 weeks and in a brain fog any time after 3pm. However, I actually feel more like myself than I have in a long time. How long? Six months.
Yes, this present mood episode has been going on for 6 months. Six months of depression, mania, and mixed episodes. Six months of extreme irritability, anger, unpredictability, despair, sorrow, happiness, confusion . . .
But I've broken through, and I feel like myself now. Not entirely - I need to break through this brain fog - but so much better. I know it'll take a lot of work on my part to stay stable. But I'm up for the challenge. There's no taking a back seat in bipolar disorder.
What I have done so far is to cut out caffeine and get my butt in the gym. Next on the agenda is to cut out as many simple carbs and sugars as I can - meaning white flour, cookies, cakes, etc. Also I'll be adding as much fruit and veggies as I can, as well as lean meats and nuts. The less processed, the better. I've got my books, I'm learning a lot about bipolar, I have my therapist, my friends, my family.
I'm doing well and I intend to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment