Thursday, November 1, 2012

So tired of this

Yesterday I had what turned out to be a crisis meeting with M and Dr. C. It wasn't supposed to be that way. I was supposed to have therapy and go home, be okay. But that's not what happened.
Yesterday was a very bad day. A day in which I admitted to myself and to M just how bad my depression was. I've been hiding it from everyone - including myself. But . . .yesterday I crashed. Hard. I could keep up my facade no more. During therapy, M let me know that he was very concerned about me and wanted me to go and see Dr. C with him after our session. Which is what we did. Actually, Dr. C didn't even wait for M before he pulled me into his office. I was a wreck. I broke down. M followed shortly thereafter to talk about our session. We're doing a few things to keep me from being hospitalized. One, we're increasing my Lamictal dose (gradually, of course). Second, Dr. C gave me a sample pack of provigil - a stimulant (an amphetamine, really) to hopefully boost my mood enough so that I can cope and function. Third, I have to email Dr. C every day to let him know how I'm doing and to call immediately if things change. Sadly, I won't be able to see M next week as he'll be out of the office - I won't see him again until the 12th. Which worries me. A lot. Seeing him is what's keeping me going at the moment. I literally count down the days until my next visit, pulling what little hope I can out of it.
I've said it before, I know, but I'm so tired of dealing with this and feeling this way. I was trying so hard to keep the depression hidden, hoping it would just go away. And now I'm at this boiling point and I'm having meltdown after meltdown. I don't know what to do any more. I'm doing everything right. Everything that I COULD be doing, I'm doing. And I'm not getting better. I'm getting worse. My shaky facade is crumbling. I can barely hold it together. And I'm at the point that I don't care. I don't care anymore. I want to give up. Let the depression take me and whatever happens, happens. But I have to keep on going. I have to be there for my son and husband. And it's so hard to do when I feel dead inside. So dead, so empty. I'm not as strong as people think I am. And whatever strength I do have left is waning.
My close friends notice the changes, notice how much worse I am. And how I keep getting worse. I don't seem to get better. I go from mixed episode to depression to mixed and now back to depression. I haven't had any long lasting relief since this all started last January. Which gives me little hope that I'll ever be stable.
Just stability. That's all I want. A decent expanse of time where I don't feel all over the place, where I don't feel like I want to die because I feel so bad. That's all I ask for.
I think this post might be a rambling mess of run on sentences. I don't care. I'm going to bed because I have to put on my happy face and go back to work tomorrow. Maybe it will be better than today. Maybe it will be worse.
I'll let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment